Local Bounti is a leading controlled environment agriculture (CEA) company. Our mission is to bring our farm to your kitchen and deliver the freshest, locally grown produce in the fewest food miles possible.
By growing local and minimizing the distance between farm and plate, Local Bounti helps eliminate food waste and provides fresh, high-quality produce to areas of the country over 1,000 miles from their current source. Our sustainable greenhouse technology delivers ideal growing conditions for each of our diverse selection of crops, resulting in 90% less water consumption and 95% less land use than conventional agriculture, no need for herbicides or pesticides, and the lowest carbon footprint in the industry. We provide an interactive, educational, and safe work environment and are dedicated to helping our employees grow within the company. Local Bounti is committed to fully integrating environmental, social, and governance (ESG) objectives in all our business activities.
We currently have two openings for a remote Construction Field Manager. The pay range will be $160,000 to $180,000+ per year. Pay will be dependent on experience.
A Construction Field Manager for Local Bounti oversees single or multiple projects simultaneously and will coordinate resources to build new or remodel facilities with the goal of achieving timelines, staying within budget, driving standardization and consistency. The Construction Field Manager performs site visits on a regular basis, ensuring that timetables are on schedule and that all safety regulations are being followed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The duties listed below are representative of the essential functions, qualifications, and the work environment encountered in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with any other duties as assigned:
- Provide comprehensive day-to-day field supervision at the site.
- Ensure all construction is being performed to quality standards in compliance with design specifications, drawings, budget, and schedule Interpret and explain plans and contract terms.
- Coordinate and optimize the arrangement of daily activities tasked to the construction crews and external subcontractors to minimize lost productivity time
- Contribute to contracts, change orders, material, and services purchase orders for approval.
- Assess and where appropriate make recommendations on contractor requests for extension of time, claims for additional payment, and contractual disputes Review quotes, material requests, procured items, deliveries, and on-site production to validate accurate fulfillment and quality control
- Certify invoices submitted by suppliers and contractors and recommend for payment
- Perform inspections at completion of each construction phase, and sign-off on quality of workmanship along with crew leaders and external subcontractors
- Determine and recommend labor force, materials, and equipment requirements
- Build and update project schedules including master and 30 day look ahead.
- Responsible for ensuring completion of activities according to schedule.
- Expedite and co-ordinate any delayed or potentially delayed activities.
- Coordinate, administer and lead weekly progress meetings with general manager, site engineer, crew leaders and subcontractors
- Completion of computer-based weekly and/or daily reports, project log and documentation files.
- Enforce and promote site safety and project procedures and proper use of equipment
- Advise on any recommendations for improvement to practices regarding health and safety, construction approach and quality control plans.
- Recommend measures to enhance improvement or efficiency opportunities that may arise
- Identify risk and opportunity in all aspects of construction management, and implement mitigation measures where risks are appreciable
- Conduct ongoing meetings with field staff to remain informed of project work and facilitate resolution of presented or developing issues
- Provide on-the-job training for staff in carrying out construction supervision including contract administration, quality control, construction and monitoring and evaluation, and other relevant
- Identify budget/schedule risk, opportunities and communicate to internal and external leaders.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Embrace and exhibit Local Bounti’s Core Values.
- Embraces and supports the safety culture.
- Ability to effectively communicate, in verbal and written form, with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of project management software and good project administration skills
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, drawings, and specifications.
- Good interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize tasks as needed to complete within the identified time frame.
- Ability to work in a self-managed environment.
- Ability to inspire and lead project teams
- Strong organization and management skills
- Effective interpersonal skills and working cooperatively and effectively within a team.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and coordination of work crews concurrently
- Proficiency with producing and managing monthly operational expense reports and projections
- Strong computer and communication skills
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, or building science is preferred.
- 10 years managing field staff/contractors in a commercial construction environment.
(Physical demands are a general guide and specific positions will vary based on working conditions, locations and facility/department needs)
- The working environment is subject to pressure for multiple calls, inquiries, and interruptions.
- Hearing: perceiving the nature of sound by ear.
- Lifting: raising or lowering objects weighing no more than 10 – 20 pounds, from one level to another.
- Mental Demands: mathematical reasoning, memorization, oral comprehension, spatial orientation, and written comprehension.
- Sitting: remaining in the normal seated position.
- Stooping: bending the body by bending the spine at the waist.
- Talking: expressing or exchanging ideas by means of spoken words.
- Vision Near acuity: ability to see clearly at 20 inches or less