Local Bounti is a leading controlled environment agriculture (CEA) company. Our mission is to bring our farm to your kitchen and deliver the freshest, locally grown produce in the fewest food miles possible.
By growing local and minimizing the distance between farm and plate, Local Bounti helps eliminate food waste and provides fresh, high-quality produce to areas of the country over 1,000 miles from their current source. Our sustainable greenhouse technology delivers ideal growing conditions for each of our diverse selection of crops, resulting in 90% less water consumption and 95% less land use than conventional agriculture, no need for herbicides or pesticides, and the lowest carbon footprint in the industry. We provide an interactive, educational, and safe work environment and are dedicated to helping our employees grow within the company. Local Bounti is committed to fully integrating environmental, social, and governance (ESG) objectives in all our business activities.
We currently have a Shipping Coordinator position in our Carpinteria, California location.
The Shipping Coordinator will be responsible for assisting the VP of Operations, Production Manager, and Shipping Manager with the safe, efficient, and effective management of the shipping crews & coordination of work activities at the loading docks.
- Uphold Standard Work.
- Uphold Labor Laws and enforce Company Policies & Procedures.
- Answer Hollandia main phone line in a timely manner and direct calls to the correct offices.
- Assist in the coordination of the shipping personnel.
- Assure shipping schedules are followed & shipping logs efficiently completed.
- Schedule trucks efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Route and load trucks as needed.
- Print pick tickets and Kroger Plate cards as needed.
- Create and print BOL’s, match to corresponding pick ticket and scan. Respond to Sales and Production emails in a timely manner and communicate any changes to the shipping clerks immediately.
- Enforce Industrial and Food Safety regulations.
- Report any unsafe conditions or unsafe behaviors.
- Support “Continuous Improvement Efforts;” including but not limited to, Delivery/Pick up Routes, Problem Solving, Autonomous Maintenance, Quality at the Source, Cycle Counts and its corresponding IRA % (Inventory of Record Accuracy), Finished Goods Supermarkets, Root Cause Analysis & Problem Solving, and Standard Work (SDCA and PDCA cycles).
- Eliminate waste.
- Effectively communicate directives to department employees and superiors.
- Ensure working areas are clean and “production” ready at all times according to company standards.
- Assist VP of Operations, Production Manager, and Shipping Manager with all aspects of the loading dock operations.
- Assist QA/Food Safety with the daily quality control functions.
- Make sure drivers follow dock procedures. Ensure drivers fill out the driver manifest and inspection forms correctly and accurately then archive.
- Send email reminders for transfers from Oxnard to Carpinteria.
- Inspect pallets prior to shipment.
- Inspect that product is at correct temperature prior to shipping. Inspect chocks are in good working condition.
- Work closely with Sales to assure orders and/or special requests are completed as planned.
- Track and archive Driver daily driving logs, Driver CSAT and Driver DMV records according to regulations.
- Maintain a record of all fleet maintenance.
- Collect warehouse, cooler and trucks cleaning inspection forms.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Embrace and exhibit Local Bounti’s Core Values.
- Embraces and supports the safety culture at the facility.
- Basic knowledge of arithmetic including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Knowledge of safe equipment and machinery operations and procedures.
- Basic knowledge of machines and tools, including their operation, uses, and maintenance.
- Ability to become Fork Lift Certified if not already
- Ability to convey information effectively to others.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Ability to accommodate flexible work schedule according to business
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Physical stamina and strength
- Work independently
- Ability to Multitask
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 6 months related experience or training.
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
(Physical demands are a general guide and specific positions will vary based on working conditions, locations and facility/department needs)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is regularly exposed to vibration. The employee regularly works in conditions and environments that are both hot and cold.
The noise level in the work environment is low.
- The ability to coordinate two or more limbs (for example: two arms, two legs or one leg and one arm) while sitting, standing, or lying down.
- The ability and willingness to be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and temperatures between 35 and 45 degrees
- The ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull or carry objects.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 45 pounds and regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.