Help us to maintain the highest standards in the world’s most technologically advanced vertical farming offering.
Are you a QA/SDET who relentlessly puts the user first? Do you want to make sure the world’s most advanced Indoor Farming management software delivers as promised? Do you want to be involved in a start up in its rapid growth phase? At Intelligent Growth Solutions we are building cutting edge vertical farming hardware, and the software to manage it at scale. Following several years of research, we are now ready to commercialise, and have the funding to do that – and if we do it right, we will change the world. We will be converting experimental hardware and software into scalable, maintainable and extensible enterprise grade product. We are now seeking a QA/SDET who can help us keep focused on quality and safety. As we continuously improve our products to deliver more value to our customers; we have to protect against escaped defects that may increase risk to our customers, their facilities and their crops. The software architecture is necessarily complex and interfaces with an equally complex hardware system.
The Software Engineering Team:
Building around the foundations of an open and collaborative environment, we will be an Agile team with the highest coding and quality standards to ensure the success of the business. We are building a process that has quality at is heart with an end-to-end testing pipeline that is automated where it can be and easy to execute where it cannot is essential.
We are a team that wants to provide excellent product (hardware and software) to growers worldwide. We want to enjoy the process of doing that, nurturing each other to produce the best results. We are Agile with a strong emphasis on collaboration and a big backlog of exciting things to do. We have a culture of continuous improvement and learning, striving to do the best for each other and delighting our customers.
Who are you:
You are a QA/SDET with significant experience in API testing, both coded in C# and using Postman style tools. You have a good grounding in CI/CD preferably with Azure and Kubernetes. You have a working knowledge of python, and may have previous experience of testing commercial hardware/software interactions. You have the confidence to speak up when needed and the pragmatism to accept compromise. You seek the autonomy to do the right thing and make changes to our product and processes that will in-turn further enhance our quality. You have a strong sense of team and can support those around you, keeping us moving forward. You are all that and you are a real person too, one that remembers that we all are, displaying kindness, patience and decency.
• Enhance existing API testing inside the current Agile testing process
• Enhance testing with hardware simulators
• Assist in writing clear and accurate user stories and acceptance criteria
• Ensure traceability of all testing
• Assist in planning and estimation of test activities
• Enhance approach to testing throughout the team
• Be the guardian of product quality
• Research and drive innovative quality assurance practices
• Engage in scrum ceremonies keeping us focused on quality outcome for our customers
• Proven ability to automate testing of API endpoints with C# in a Specflow environment
• Comfortable developing automated end-to-end testing using Postman
• Experience of modern CICD tools with yaml/json configuration (e.g. Bitbucket Pipelines)
• Full understanding of web technologies such as HTTP communication
• Ability to write and perform non UI integration tests, exploratory tests, performance tests, security tests
• Able to comfortably use version control (e.g. git)
• Fastidious attention to detail
• Ability to work at pace without compromising quality
• Comfortable with challenging assumptions
• Eager to continuously learn and improve
• Be a self-starter, taking the initiative to do the right thing
• Able to be the champion of our customers
• Degree in science-based subject or equivalent industry experience
• Experience of CE marking standards (e.g. LVD 2014/35/EU)
Salary is market competitive. Benefits include 7 weeks’ holiday, a generous contributory pension scheme, company sick pay, Income protection, Death in Service scheme, cycle to work scheme and Private Health Insurance which gives access to discounted gym membership. To get you started we will provide a laptop and a great working environment with flexibility around the working week of 40 hours.
We are based in the Fountainbridge area of Edinburgh, accessible for trains and buses with cycle to work facilities.
At IGS, we support the principles of Equality and Diversity in employment and we recognise the value of a diverse team. We encourage applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds, however we cannot currently accept applications from candidates requiring work permits to work in the UK as we are not yet set up to provide the required sponsorship.
Industry 4.0 meets agriculture; contribute to the world’s most technologically advanced vertical farming system. The Challenge: Vertical farmers do it...Apply For This Job
WE ARE LOOKING FOR Do you enjoy backend coding and Python? You do not shy away from the frontend as...Apply For This Job
WE ARE LOOKING FOR Do you like to be involved in design, implementation and maintenance of embedded software for our...Apply For This Job
The IT Assistant is responsible for assisting with the management of the day-to-day operations of the IT department. This includes...Apply For This Job
About Orius Orius takes on the most ambitious projects of living organisms production in controlled environments, serving beauty, health, space...Apply For This Job