By growing local and minimizing the distance between farm and plate, Local Bounti helps eliminate food waste and provides fresh, high-quality produce to areas of the country over 1,000 miles from their current source. Our sustainable greenhouse technology delivers ideal growing conditions for each of our diverse selection of crops, resulting in 90% less water consumption and 95% less land use than conventional agriculture, no need for herbicides or pesticides, and the lowest carbon footprint in the industry. We provide an interactive, educational, and safe work environment and are dedicated to helping our employees grow within the company. Local Bounti is committed to fully integrating environmental, social, and governance (ESG) objectives in all our business activities.
We currently have a Forklift Operator position in our Carpinteria, California location.
Under the direction of the Shipping & Logistics manager, the Forklift Operator receives, stores, or moves material in the warehouse, loading dock, yard, or storage area. Transports materials to, from, or between manufacturing production lines.
- Observes safety protocols and if applicable, manufacturer’s instructions when performing tasks.
- Wears all protective equipment, including work gloves, eye protection, respiratory protection, proper clothing and footwear, disposable gloves, lab coat, rubber apron rubber boots, hair net and chemical goggles.
- Follows food safety policies and procedures, including using the proper procedure to wash and sanitize hands before every shift and when returning to work.
- Operates forklift, making runs throughout the nursery to take product to the cooler.
- Drives dump truck for refuse disposal and turns in paperwork to office within 24 hours.
- Prior to signing out equipment and vehicles performs operations and safety check, including battery, brakes, lift controls and fire extinguishers.
- Stores, stacks, or palletizes materials; examines and reports deterioration and damage; rearranges and occasionally takes inventory of materials and product in the warehouse.
- Prepares finished product for shipment or storage, ensuring that it is placed correctly in the shipping area.
- Ensures that shipments are properly packaged, identified with all the required shipping information, and loaded into transporting vehicles.
- Proceeds safely to assigned areas to pull, load, and move merchandise, checking locator cards and all documents specific to each type of movement.
- Checks inventory of goods and materials of entire operation, making sure that all sections have the required supplies.
- Operates other farm equipment as trained.
- Attends weekly, monthly, and other periodic safety training.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Embrace and exhibit Local Bounti’s Core Values.
- Embraces and supports the safety culture at the facility.
- Ability to safely drive vehicles, tractors and motorized heavy equipment.
- Ability to grasp and manipulate small objects and tools.
- Ability to grip objects tightly.
- Ability to lift items weighing 100 lbs. or less.
- Basic knowledge of arithmetic including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Knowledge of safe equipment and machinery operations and procedures.
- Basic knowledge of machines and tools, including their operation, uses, and maintenance.
- Ability to use computer spreadsheet applications to enter, manipulate and format text and numerical data; insert, manipulate and delete cells, rows and columns; and create, save and retrieve worksheets, charts and graphs.
- Ability to use computer database applications to manage information, to create and edit simple databases, enter and retrieve data, and create reports to communicate the information.
- Ability to convey information effectively to others.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Ability to accommodate flexible work schedule according to business
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Physical stamina and strength
- Work independently
- Ability to Multitask
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- One year or more of forklift experience.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
(Physical demands are a general guide and specific positions will vary based on working conditions, locations and facility/department needs)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is regularly exposed to vibration. The employee regularly works in conditions and environments that are both hot and cold.
The noise level in the work environment is low.
- The ability to coordinate two or more limbs (for example: two arms, two legs or one leg and one arm) while sitting, standing, or lying down.
- The ability and willingness to be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and temperatures between 35 and 45 degrees
- The ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull or carry objects.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.