Local Bounti is a leading controlled environment agriculture (CEA) company. Our mission is to bring our farm to your kitchen and deliver the freshest, locally grown produce in the fewest food miles possible.
By growing local and minimizing the distance between farm and plate, Local Bounti helps eliminate food waste and provides fresh, high-quality produce to areas of the country over 1,000 miles from their current source. Our sustainable greenhouse technology delivers ideal growing conditions for each of our diverse selection of crops, resulting in 90% less water consumption and 95% less land use than conventional agriculture, no need for herbicides or pesticides, and the lowest carbon footprint in the industry. We provide an interactive, educational, and safe work environment and are dedicated to helping our employees grow within the company. Local Bounti is committed to fully integrating environmental, social, and governance (ESG) objectives in all our business activities.
The General Labor position performs multiple manual tasks and duties to assist other workers with safe plant and equipment preparation, operation, maintenance, sanitation, storage, and organization.
We are hiring for the following part-time shifts:
Monday – Wednesday: 8 AM – 4:30 PM
Wednesday – Friday: 8 AM – 4:30 PM
Monday – Friday: 10 AM – 2 PM (2)
PLEASE NOTE: There could be times where you will be asked to work additional hours so flexibility will be needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The duties listed below are representative of the essential functions, qualifications, physical demands, and the work environment encountered in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to work and perform the essential functions in this work environment.
- Cooperate and communicate with all team members to efficiently complete work.
- Inspect products to verify conformance to quality standards.
- Assist operators by performing the following duties:
- Supplying materials
- Holding materials
- Holding tools
- Cleaning work areas and equipment
- Lift and dump raw materials, finished products, and packed items, manually or using a forklift.
- Build and fill boxes, or other packaging properly, as instructed, with product.
- Load and unload barrels, containers and other items from trucks, machines, or conveyors.
- Mark or tag labels and identification on products.
- Measure amounts of products or weights of filled containers to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Observe equipment operations so that malfunctions can be detected and notify operators of any malfunctions.
- Seal, pack, and store materials and products and stack them in cold room.
- Place products in equipment or on work surfaces for further processing, inspecting, or wrapping.
- Remove products, machine attachments, and waste material from machines.
- Transfer finished products, raw materials, tools, or equipment between storage and work areas of plant and warehouses, by hand or forklift.
- Sanitize, wash, and clean work areas, outside areas, machines, equipment, products, and production areas while wearing appropriate PPE.
- Mix proper chemical amounts for sanitizing, cleaning, and washing.
- Each employee at Local Bounti must uphold and support all food safety rules, regulations, and requirements. Local Bounti considers food safety a core value that ensures a safe and wholesome food product.
- Any other duties as assigned
- Embrace and exhibit Local Bounti’s Core Values.
- Embraces and supports the safety culture at the facility.
- Basic knowledge of the English language, including being able to read, speak, and write to include understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Basic knowledge of arithmetic including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Knowledge of safe equipment and machinery operations and procedures.
- Basic knowledge of machines and tools, including their operation, uses, and maintenance.
- Ability to adjust the controls of a machine or a process quickly and repeatedly to exact positions.
- Ability to convey information effectively to others.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma.
- Or 6 months related experience or training.
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
(Physical demands are a general guide and specific positions will vary based on working conditions, locations and facility/department needs)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is regularly exposed to vibration. The employee regularly works in outside weather conditions and environments both hot and cold.
The noise level in the work environment is occasionally moderate.
- The ability to coordinate two or more limbs (for example: two arms, two legs or one leg and one arm) while sitting, standing, or lying down.
- The ability to time movements in anticipation of changes in the speed and/or direction of a moving object.
- The ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull or carry objects.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move 10 to 25 pounds and regularly lift and/or move up to fifty pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.