Local Bounti is a leading controlled environment agriculture (CEA) company. Our mission is to bring our farm to your kitchen and deliver the freshest, locally grown produce in the fewest food miles possible.
By growing local and minimizing the distance between farm and plate, Local Bounti helps eliminate food waste and provides fresh, high-quality produce to areas of the country over 1,000 miles from their current source. Our sustainable greenhouse technology delivers ideal growing conditions for each of our diverse selection of crops, resulting in 90% less water consumption and 95% less land use than conventional agriculture, no need for herbicides or pesticides, and the lowest carbon footprint in the industry. We provide an interactive, educational, and safe work environment and are dedicated to helping our employees grow within the company. Local Bounti is committed to fully integrating environmental, social, and governance (ESG) objectives in all our business activities.
We currently have an opening for a Production Manager at our Warner Robins, Georgia facility.
The Production Manager position will oversee the daily operations of the packing area. Manages the harvesting and packing of plants, coordinates production workers and manages standards for production, harvesting, packing and cooling. Ensures all crop production and packing is on schedule and of high quality. Assist in research and development of new products and techniques. Implement and suggest new processes as warranted. Having a visible presence of approximately 70% on the floor in production areas.
If you thrive in a challenging, high performing and fast growing company, then we are ready for you to join our team.
- Assists in training, development, and support of employees in order to ensure employees can excel at their role
- Supervises, trains, and coaches production team members
- Coordinates harvesting/packing activities with Growing Teams members and Sales
- Estimates and keeps current on a short, mid and long-term basis the packing quantities of the different products
- Maintains accurate count of packaging availability
- Explains and demonstrates care-taking techniques to subordinates
- Maintain and improve labor ratios
- Meet all efficiency objectives for the Georgia facility
- Stay within yearly Annual department budgets
- Plan and organize work of department to minimize unplanned downtime of production
- Administers effective performance evaluations, development plans and disciplinary actions, and mentors employees through formal channels, identifying development needs and counseling on overcoming them
- Report any unsafe conditions
- Perform job in accordance to Industrial and Food Safety regulations
- Able to accommodate flexible work schedule according to business needs
- Reliable transportation to cover all working hours
- Ability to lift or move a minimum 40 pounds
- Ability and willingness to be occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, temperatures between 35 and 90 degrees, and safely work near moving mechanical parts, and equipment
- Ability and willingness to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, stoop, kneel, crouch, taste, smell, etc., as needed to perform essential tasks
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Available to work Holidays, weekend and after hours as needed
Education and Experience:
- 5 – 7 years of supervisory experience working in a packaging industry or greenhouse experience.
- High School diploma or GED
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The duties listed are representative of the essential functions, qualifications, and the work environment encountered in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to work and perform the essential functions in this work environment.