Local Bounti is a leading controlled environment agriculture (CEA) company. Our mission is to bring our farm to your kitchen and deliver the freshest, locally grown produce in the fewest food miles possible.
By growing local and minimizing the distance between farm and plate, Local Bounti helps eliminate food waste and provides fresh, high-quality produce to areas of the country over 1,000 miles from their current source. Our sustainable greenhouse technology delivers ideal growing conditions for each of our diverse selection of crops, resulting in 90% less water consumption and 95% less land use than conventional agriculture, no need for herbicides or pesticides, and the lowest carbon footprint in the industry. We provide an interactive, educational, and safe work environment and are dedicated to helping our employees grow within the company. Local Bounti is committed to fully integrating environmental, social, and governance (ESG) objectives in all our business activities.
We currently have an opening for an R&D Associate at our Hamilton, MT.
The Research & Development (R&D) Associate is responsible for assisting in all research and development activities within an assigned area of Local Bounti’s Research and Development Team.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The duties listed below are representative of the essential functions, qualifications, physical demands, and the work environment encountered in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to work and perform the essential functions in this work environment.
- Facilitates the development protocols for product testing. This includes all aspects of the trial protocol such as cropping system, target and secondary pest, treatment list, application and evaluation parameters and trial location.
- Negotiates and monitors all contracted research with cooperators within assigned area.
- Assists in the construction, implementation, maintenance, and dismantle of field and greenhouse research trials.
- Calculate, mixes, and applies experimental and standard agricultural products in research and commercial applications.
- Collects and analyzes data to evaluate operations and processes and to facility complex decision making.
- Coordinates and stewards the collection, packaging, and shipping of all products used in R&D within assigned area.
- Prepares and coordinates local and state regulatory compliance documentation.
- Monitors trails, analyzes, and compares data and documents results.
- Enters application and evaluation data into the statistical analysis research program.
- Analyze trail data and prepare reports and presentations for distribution
- Provides research results to appropriate team members
- Notes product handling, mixing and application characteristics and makes suggestions for improvement
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for monitoring products/projects. Including providing information to support budgets, expenditures, data, and progress reports.
- Perform Facility and Equipment inspections and maintenance
- Other work-related duties as assigned by lead.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional ability to record precise measurements accurately and repeatedly.
- Experience working within a team to solve complex problems
- Interpersonal skills.
- Organizational skills
- Data analysis skills
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office, research software, internet, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate a high level of activity under a variety of conditions and constraints.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Horticulture, Biology, Plant Science, or related degree is preferred. One to three years of agricultural field research experience is required. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
(Physical demands are a general guide and specific positions will vary based on working conditions, locations and facility/department needs)
- The working environment is that of a typical greenhouse environment, however employee may be exposed to weather conditions outside.
- Hearing: perceiving the nature of sound by ear.
- Lifting: raising or lowering objects weighing no more than 50 pounds, from one level to another. This position requires you to use your hands for many different tasks.
- Mental Demands: mathematical reasoning, memorization, oral comprehension, spatial orientation, and written comprehension.
- Sitting: remaining in the normal seated position.
- Stooping: bending the body by bending the spine at the waist.
- Talking: expressing or exchanging ideas by means of spoken words.
- Vision Near acuity: ability to see clearly at 20 inches or less