Local Bounti is a leading controlled environment agriculture (CEA) company. Our mission is to bring our farm to your kitchen and deliver the freshest, locally grown produce in the fewest food miles possible.
By growing local and minimizing the distance between farm and plate, Local Bounti helps eliminate food waste and provides fresh, high-quality produce to areas of the country over 1,000 miles from their current source. Our sustainable greenhouse technology delivers ideal growing conditions for each of our diverse selection of crops, resulting in 90% less water consumption and 95% less land use than conventional agriculture, no need for herbicides or pesticides, and the lowest carbon footprint in the industry. We provide an interactive, educational, and safe work environment and are dedicated to helping our employees grow within the company. Local Bounti is committed to fully integrating environmental, social, and governance (ESG) objectives in all our business activities.
We currently have two openings for a Sales Support Leads. These positions will be expected to cover either east coast hours or west coast hours to ensure coverage for our customers. The pay scale for these positions is $65K – $85K DOE.
The Sales Support Lead is a critical role at Local Bounti that serves as the day-to-day interface between our clients, our sales team, and our farms. At its core, the Sales Support team is responsible for ensuring that all orders are confirmed, communicated effectively internally, and that all issues related to order flow are identified and resolved quickly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The duties listed below are representative of the essential functions, qualifications, and the work environment encountered in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with any other duties as assigned:
- Maintain day to day communications with commercial clients regarding current and upcoming orders
- Engage Account Management for critical issues that require their input or approval
- Manage inventory allocation issues in collaboration with Account Management
- Work with the Operations team to ensure accuracy and timeliness of all shipments
- Assist in organizing logistics for customer delivery
- Create and process sales orders in timely fashion
- Develop and implement SOP’s to ensure consistency across Sales Ops team
- Assist in organizing shipments of samples
- Assist in sales data reporting
- Embrace and exhibit Local Bounti’s Core Values.
- Embraces and supports the safety culture.
- Ability to effectively communicate, in verbal and written form, with clients as well as internal shareholders
- Comfortable operating in ERP environment, along with peripheral communication platforms
- Knowledge of order management software and good project administration skills
- Understanding of cold chain shipping and receiving
- Ability to work in a self-managed environment.
- Strong organizational skills will be necessary to track, schedule, and coordinate sales orders
- Familiarity with EDI technology
- Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize tasks as needed to complete within the identified time frame.
- Open to collaborating with teammates working cross functionally across multiple departments, as well as working independently as a self-starter
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or associate degree in marketing, sales, or a related filed may be advantageous.
- 2-3 years in perishable food/fresh produce required
- Experience in a sales support role
- Experience with NetSuite, iTrade, Procurant, and similar platforms preferred
(Physical demands are a general guide and specific positions will vary based on working conditions, locations and facility/department needs)
- The working environment is subject to pressure for multiple calls, inquiries, and interruptions.
- Hearing: perceiving the nature of sound by ear.
- Lifting: raising or lowering objects weighing no more than 10 – 20 pounds, from one level to another.
- Mental Demands: mathematical reasoning, memorization, oral comprehension, spatial orientation, and written comprehension.
- Sitting: remaining in the normal seated position.
- Stooping: bending the body by bending the spine at the waist.
- Talking: expressing or exchanging ideas by means of spoken words.
- Vision Near acuity: ability to see clearly at 20 inches or less