Local Bounti is a leading controlled environment agriculture (CEA) company. Our mission is to bring our farm to your kitchen and deliver the freshest, locally grown produce in the fewest food miles possible.
By growing local and minimizing the distance between farm and plate, Local Bounti helps eliminate food waste and provides fresh, high-quality produce to areas of the country over 1,000 miles from their current source. Our sustainable greenhouse technology delivers ideal growing conditions for each of our diverse selection of crops, resulting in 90% less water consumption and 95% less land use than conventional agriculture, no need for herbicides or pesticides, and the lowest carbon footprint in the industry. We provide an interactive, educational, and safe work environment and are dedicated to helping our employees grow within the company. Local Bounti is committed to fully integrating environmental, social, and governance (ESG) objectives in all our business activities.
We currently have a Shipping Clerk position in our Carpinteria, California location.
The Shipping Clerk helps coordinate activities in the shipping and receiving department to ensure the accuracy of outgoing and incoming orders and the safety of both internal and external customers, drivers, and co-workers. In coordination with the sales department, receives orders and checks inventory and assembles and stages orders. Directs truck drivers or vendors to correct loading station and loads staged orders. Informs employees of production schedules, checks orders for accuracy, keeps record of shipped product and creates daily reports.
- Observes safety protocols and if applicable, manufacturer’s instructions when performing tasks.
- Wears all protective equipment, including work gloves, eye protection, respiratory protection, proper clothing and footwear, disposable gloves, lab coat, rubber apron rubber boots, hair net and chemical goggles.
- Follows food safety policies and procedures, including maintaining the correct temperature of the product, and using the proper procedure to wash and sanitize hands before every shift and when returning to work.
- Stores, stacks, or palletizes products and materials, and examines and reports deterioration and damage.
- Checks inventory of goods and materials of entire operation.
- Verifies the accuracy and quality of product coming into the warehouse, received orders and outgoing shipments.
- Verifies for accuracy all purchase order, load number, BOL, weigh bill and shipping manifest documentation for all inbound and outbound shipments
- Records all loading and receiving activities in daily sign in log
- Inspects all trailers and ensures all trucks meet all food safety criteria
- Prepares finished product for shipment or storage, ensuring that it is placed correctly in the shipping area.
- Ensures that shipments are properly packaged, identified with all the required shipping information, and loaded into transporting vehicles.
- Periodically records product weight.
- Ensures that the cooler equipment is working properly and reports any problems immediately.
- Creates and interprets reports as needed.
- Operates equipment to move product and materials around the premises, such as forklifts, pallet jacks and tractors.
- Periodically works after hours as assigned.
- Runs periodic reports as needed.
- Interacts with truck and delivery drivers in a professional and efficient manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Other duties as assigned.
- Embrace and exhibit Local Bounti’s Core Values.
- Embraces and supports the safety culture at the facility.
- Ability to safely drive vehicles, tractors and motorized heavy equipment.
- Ability to grasp and manipulate small objects and tools.
- Ability to grip objects tightly.
- Ability to lift items weighing 100 lbs. or less.
- Basic knowledge of arithmetic including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Knowledge of safe equipment and machinery operations and procedures.
- Basic knowledge of machines and tools, including their operation, uses, and maintenance.
- Ability to use computer spreadsheet applications to enter, manipulate and format text and numerical data; insert, manipulate and delete cells, rows and columns; and create, save and retrieve worksheets, charts and graphs.
- Ability to use computer database applications to manage information, to create and edit simple databases, enter and retrieve data, and create reports to communicate the information.
- Ability to convey information effectively to others.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Ability to accommodate flexible work schedule according to business
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Physical stamina and strength
- Work independently
- Ability to Multitask
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 6 months related experience or training.
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
(Physical demands are a general guide and specific positions will vary based on working conditions, locations and facility/department needs)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is regularly exposed to vibration. The employee regularly works in conditions and environments that are both hot and cold.
The noise level in the work environment is low.
- The ability to coordinate two or more limbs (for example: two arms, two legs or one leg and one arm) while sitting, standing, or lying down.
- The ability and willingness to be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and temperatures between 35 and 45 degrees
- The ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull or carry objects.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.