By growing local and minimizing the distance between farm and plate, Local Bounti helps eliminate food waste and provides fresh, high-quality produce to areas of the country over 1,000 miles from their current source. Our sustainable greenhouse technology delivers ideal growing conditions for each of our diverse selection of crops, resulting in 90% less water consumption and 95% less land use than conventional agriculture, no need for herbicides or pesticides, and the lowest carbon footprint in the industry. We provide an interactive, educational, and safe work environment and are dedicated to helping our employees grow within the company. Local Bounti is committed to fully integrating environmental, social, and governance (ESG) objectives in all our business activities.
We currently have an opening for a Staff Accountant. The pay range for this position will be $45K – $50K DOE.
The Staff Accountant role is responsible for the Company’s accounts payable function from the setting up of vendors in our AP systems, to recommending weekly payments made to vendors and trouble-shooting vendor set-up issues. The position will be responsible for additional accounting responsibilities for month end accounting close that could include areas of cash reconciliations, prepaid account amortizations, and assisting with ad hoc projects during the month.
- Assist business partners with setting up vendors in Tipalti (3rd party system) or NetSuite.
- Prepare payment runs on a weekly basis.
- Reconcile A/P related accounts, monthly.
- Assist with monthly and quarterly accruals related to payables.
- Assist business partners with setting up purchase orders and GL account coding.
- Provide other general support to business partners as requested.
- Help team with integration of Accounts Payable and Purchase Orders to one platform.
- Assist business partners with the company’s T&E Management systems and respond timely to questions.
- Will be assigned other areas of responsibility for close that could include, cash, prepaid assets, accrued liabilities or other areas
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business or related field
- 1-2 years of experience OR recent college graduate
- Self-starter with the ability to think and work independently and be highly motivated
- Strong analytical skills
- Results oriented with demonstrated ability to achieve results yet be hands-on
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written
- Possess solid computer skills (proficient in Microsoft Word & Excel) and hands on experience with ERP systems (NetSuite preferred), including implementations (desired)
- Embrace Local Bounti’s Core Values