Hydroponic Farm Technician
Twin Pine Bison Company
Salary Range: $20.00 – $25.00 hourly
The position includes a competitive benefits package.
Twin Pine Bison Company is seeking a hydroponic farm technician to manage our vertical hydroponic growing system in the Wheatland, WY area. This position will be responsible for maintaining organization, proper GMP’s, planting, harvesting, data collection, environment control, schedule delivery, etc. Additionally, the hydroponic farm technician will need to perform basic maintenance within the farm; sanitation, nutrient distribution, care of crop, and troubleshooting issues.
The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented and quality focused, able to work in isolation or in a team environment. A hydroponic farm technician should be prepared to work in a wide range of positions, from harvesting/ transplanting/ seeding to data entry and management to tracking farm productivity and impacts.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills
· 2-5 years’ relevant experience in farming or a related field.
· Knowledge of indoor farming methods and industry preferred.
· Knowledge of gardening, agriculture, or food production.
· Understanding of pest and disease management techniques.
· Understand plant nutrition and how to identify and treat plant deficiencies.
· Interpret nutrient results and determine what adjustments should be made if any.
· A bachelor’s or associate’s degree in the agricultural sciences preferred.
· Ability to perform basic maintenance and troubleshooting, basic electrical or plumbing experience preferred.
· Possess a valid driver’s license and a good driving record;
· Basic computer skills desired with ability to maintain and access accurate records;
· Must have strong written and verbal communication skills;
· Work to help promote a positive, respectful, energetic, efficient, and motivated team environment.
Oversee crops from seeding to harvest.
Adhere to data collection protocols using specialized technology, sensors, and other equipment as requested.
Long-term planning, project status reporting, implementing change for controlled processes.
Identify trends and assess opportunities to improve process and execution.
Manage inventory (seeds, grow media, etc.)
· Work independently as well as with others;
· Follow established safety policies and practices.
· Help train/coach team members in basic crop maintenance.
· High attention to quality and detail.
· Ability to work weekends, as needed.
The listed functions are illustrative only and not intended to describe all job responsibilities that may be required in this role. Additional duties may be assigned as needed.
Work Environment And Physical Requirements
Exposure to adverse weather conditions;
Vision enough to perform functions such as identifying materials necessary to complete maintenance on equipment and farm and to operate vehicles and equipment;
Manual dexterity enough to operate tools, vehicles and equipment;
Flexibility enough to bend, twist and reach as to load and unload equipment, supplies or tools;
Stamina and strength enough to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.;
Ability to bend or stoop repeatedly or continuously over extended periods of time.
Conditions of Employment: Candidates must successfully complete all pre-employment screenings and employment eligibility verification. Pre-employment screenings include a background and national sex offender search, a motor vehicle record search, and for some positions, a physical demands evaluation.
Twin Pine Bison Company is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected Veteran.